Over 20 Diamond Turning Machines
Optics From all available IR materials
Up to 250mm diameter
With over 20 single point diamond turning machines in house, LightPath has the assets and proven expertise to supply infrared optics for the most challenging programs. The shapes we produce include rotationally symmetric spheres, aspheres and diffractive lenses with diameters as small as 3mm.
Additionally, we offer freeform machining capabilities to manufacture non-rotationally symmetric surfaces.
- Surface irregularities as low as ½ fringe P-V
- Surface roughness on most materials under 20 Angstroms RMS
- Dimensional and mechanical tolerances as low as +/-0.002mm
- Up to 550mm swing capacity for off-axis aspheres
- Production facilities in the US and Latvia
- In house coating
If You Can’t Measure It, You Can’t Make It!
In optics as we know, fabrication must happen hand in hand with metrology and measurement. Or as the saying goes, “if you can’t measure it, you can’t make it”. Lightpath employs a suite of metrology equipment, used both in process and off process.
- Talysurf Profilometers
- White light interferometers
- Laser interferometers
- TRIOPTICS Opticentric® Centration Measurement Machines
- Custom Computer Generated Holograms (CGH)