LightPath Technologies is a recognized leader in optics and photonics solutions, serving blue chip customers in the industrial, defense, telecommunications, testing and measurement, and medical industries, for over 35 years. LightPath designs, manufactures, and distributes optical and infrared components including molded glass aspheric lenses and assemblies, infrared lenses and thermal imaging assemblies, fused fiber collimators, and proprietary Black Diamond™ (“BD6”) chalcogenide-based glass lenses. With multiple offices around the globe, this position is located in our Orlando office.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Technical Project Manager to manage the development of new products for custom precision molded optics, infrared imaging assemblies, fiber delivery systems, and manufacturing equipment. This role will prepare budgets based on scope of work and resource requirements, develop and manage detailed project schedules, and proactively communicate with various stakeholders in the project to update progress and adjustments. Coordinate with both internal departments, vendors, and customers to ensure expected deliverables are supplied on time. Measure project performance, report reasons for delays, specify corrective actions, and identify areas for improvement in project efficiencies.
We offer a friendly and fun environment, with the opportunity to grow within the company, in addition to great pay and benefits. LightPath Technologies is conveniently located right off the 408 expressway in the vicinity of the University of Central Florida in Central Florida Research Park.
If this sounds like fun to you, you are seeking to be part of a diverse family that values integrity, respect, and appreciation, enjoy working in a collaborative, and solution-oriented environment, apply now!
- Manage technical projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation to production release.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel internal and external to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Report on-time delivery, any reasons for delays, and corrective actions needed to take to meet on-time goals and improve efficiency.
- Analyze economics of project plans and provide actionable feedback relating to cost benefit and return-on-investment standards.
- Oversee allocation of resources, equipment and materials as needed before and during projects by talking with customers, team members, and managers.
- Anticipate details of future projects by communicating directly with Product owners, Technical Development, and Customers to be informed of relevant changes.
- Support LightPath’s MRP system, Infor VISUAL, by entering new part information, bill of materials, purchase requisitions, work orders, and general upkeep
- Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills You Need:
- Experience managing technical projects from concept to implementation to production release.
- Excellent communication skills with internal departments, external vendors, and customers
- Fast learner, driven problem solver.
- Outgoing personality, professional demeanor with excellent work ethic.
- A basic understanding and experience with following software would be advantageous: Microsoft Excel, Visual Basic, Microsoft Access, Infor VISUAL, other Microsoft Office tools including Project, Power Bi, and Visual Basic.
- Experience with optics and/or optical systems.
- Regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to walk.
- Occasional standing, reaching with hands and arms, climbing or balancing and stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling required.
- Must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Able to work with a moderate level of noise.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluently in English.
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering or Science or similar field at an accredited institution.
- Two (2) years of experience in technical project management
- Medical Insurance; Dental Insurance; Vision insurance available upon hire to eligible employees
- Flexible Spending Account; Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employer Paid Life Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, and Long Term Disability
- Opportunity to enroll in optional supplemental insurance policies such as term life, critical illness, accident, death, and dismemberment, short term disability.
- Paid vacation with option to rollover vacation hours and sell hours back to company for payout at full rate.
- Paid sick time
- 10 paid company holidays.
- Discounts on a variety of products and services offered through our co-employer Insperity.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/AA/DFWP
NOT ACCEPTING CALLS REGARDING THIS OPPORTUNITY