LightPath Technologies is a recognized leader in optics and photonics solutions, serving blue chip customers in the industrial, defense, telecommunications, testing and measurement, and medical industries, for over 30 years. LightPath designs, manufactures, and distributes optical and infrared components including molded glass aspheric lenses and assemblies, infrared lenses and thermal imaging assemblies, fused fiber collimators, and proprietary Black Diamond™ (“BD6”) chalcogenide-based glass lenses. With multiple offices around the globe, this position is located in our Orlando office.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Staff Accountant to perform a variety of general accounting support tasks, including accounts payable and receivable, inventory control, fixed assets, and various other accounts. Provides analysis and ad hoc reporting to department management as requested
We offer a friendly and fun environment, with the opportunity to grow within the company, in addition to great pay and benefits. LightPath Technologies is conveniently located right off the 408 expressway in the vicinity of the University of Central Florida in Central Florida Research Park.
If this sounds like fun to you, you are seeking to be part of a diverse family that values integrity, respect, and appreciation, enjoy working in a collaborative, and solution-oriented environment, apply now!
Primary job functions are listed below but may change without notice.
- Process receivable invoices through ERP system, and follow up with customers for collections. Process intercompany billings as needed
- Oversee processing of vendor invoices using 3-way match through ERP system; research and resolve discrepancies. Prepare scheduled payments report for payment approval. Maintain accounts payable electronic filing system; maintain AP open and paid files
- Maintain W-9 files and resale certificates
- Assist with month-end close process, including account reconciliations and journal entries
- Process daily cycle count lists; review results and work with operations to resolve discrepancies
- Analyze information by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Develop and improve accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Perform other duties as required
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills Required:
- Able to work independently with little to no supervision
- Must possess a high attention to detail
- Able to multi-task
- Self-motivated individual with a positive attitude, professional demeanor, and excellent work ethic
- Possess strong analytical skills and proficient at mathematics
- Proficient at using a computer and the following computer programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, the internet, and accounting software
- Frequently required to sit, talk, hear, reach, and use hands/fingers to feel or handle
- Occasional standing, walking, balancing, stooping, and/or kneeling · Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Able to work with a moderate amount of noise Must be able to read, write, and speak fluently in English
Minimum Previous Experience/Qualifications:
- Be a “U.S. person” either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, refugee, person granted asylum, or permanent resident due to company ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Staff Accountant role