LightPath Technologies is a recognized leader in optics and photonics solutions, serving blue chip customers in the industrial, defense, telecommunications, testing and measurement, and medical industries, for over 35 years. LightPath designs, manufactures, and distributes optical and infrared components including molded glass aspheric lenses and assemblies, infrared lenses and thermal imaging assemblies, fused fiber collimators, and proprietary Black Diamond™ (“BD6”) chalcogenide-based glass lenses. With multiple offices around the globe, this position is located in our Orlando office.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Shipping & Receiving Clerk to ship product, receive materials, verify and record incoming and outgoing shipments. This role will prepare items for shipment, assemble, address, stamp, and ship merchandise or material; receive, unpack, verify and recording incoming merchandise or material; and arranging for the transportation of products.
We offer a friendly and fun environment, with the opportunity to grow within the company, in addition to great pay and benefits. LightPath Technologies is conveniently located right off the 408 expressway in the vicinity of the University of Central Florida in Central Florida Research Park.
If this sounds like fun to you, you are seeking to be part of a diverse family that values integrity, respect, and appreciation, enjoy working in a collaborative, and solution-oriented environment, apply now!
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment
- Receive material and store it accurately using FIFO procedures
- Perform inventory transactions such as receiving, issuing, and adjusting parts in or out of inventory
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes
- Prepare documents such as bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates
- Contact carrier representative to arrange and issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials and follow up on late shipments
- Deliver or route materials to departments using work devices such as hand truck or sorting bins
- Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications
- Palletize large shipments on occasion
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times
- Interact with key personnel such as the Operations Manager, Purchasing Manager, and accounting personnel
- Prepare shipping labels via UPS, FedEx and DHL
- Assist in 5S and safety initiatives and support other lean manufacturing techniques
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Participate in physical inventory counts
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Other duties may be assigned
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills You Need:·
- Knowledge of FedEx, UPS and DHL computer programs for domestic and international shipping a plus
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Ability to read and understand operating instructions, procedures and manuals
- Must possess a high attention to detail
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess excellent time management skills
- Able to solve basic math problems
- Self-motivated individual with a positive attitude, professional demeanor, and excellent work ethic
- Proficient at using a computer and the following computer programs: ERP (Visual), Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet
- Occasional sitting, standing, climbing, balancing, stooping, and/or kneeling is required
- Frequently required to walk, talk, hear, reach, and use hands/fingers to feel or handle
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Able to work with a moderate amount of noise
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluently in English
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) to five (5) years of shipping and receiving experience
- Valid driver license
- Medical Insurance; Dental Insurance; Vision insurance available upon hire to eligible employees
- Flexible Spending Account; Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employer Paid Life Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, and Long Term Disability
- Opportunity to enroll in optional supplemental insurance policies such as term life, critical illness, accident, death, and dismemberment, short term disability.
- Paid vacation with option to rollover vacation hours and sell hours back to company for payout at full rate.
- Paid sick time
- 10 paid company holidays.
- Discounts on a variety of products and services offered through our co-employer Insperity.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/AA/DFWP
NOT ACCEPTING CALLS REGARDING THIS OPPORTUNITY