LightPath Technologies is a recognized leader in optics and photonics solutions, serving blue chip customers in the industrial, defense, telecommunications, testing and measurement, and medical industries, for over 35 years. LightPath designs, manufactures, and distributes optical and infrared components including molded glass aspheric lenses and assemblies, infrared lenses and thermal imaging assemblies, fused fiber collimators, and proprietary Black Diamond™ (“BD6”) chalcogenide-based glass lenses. With multiple offices around the globe, this position is located in our Orlando office.
We have an immediate opportunity for a 1st shift (7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.) Quality Inspector to join our collaborative cleanroom team to inspect our products to ensure we are providing the best quality to our clients. We offer a friendly and fun environment, with the opportunity to grow within the company, in addition to great pay and benefits. LightPath Technologies is conveniently located right off the 408 expressway in the vicinity of the University of Central Florida in Central Florida Research Park.
If this sounds like fun to you, you are seeking to be part of a diverse family that values integrity, respect, and appreciation, enjoy working in a collaborative, and solution-oriented environment, apply now!
Primary job functions are listed below but may change without notice.
- Conduct incoming and final inspection of lenses. Verify lenses meet specifications and appropriate quality standards or customer specifications and requirements
- Reject defective parts and identify type of defect
- Document the inspection results accordingly
- Follow instructions for performing and collecting post coating inspection
- Prepare and load coating fixtures to send to vendors
- Participate in, and maintain accurate lens inventory in respective locations
- Assure that all inventory transactions are done correctly and in a timely manner
- Comply with policies, guidelines, and regulatory requirements per the LightPath Quality System
- Perform inventory counts as needed; daily, monthly or quarterly
- Follow the 5S program guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills You Need:
- Collect data and analyze data skillfully
- Identify and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Work well with others as a team and in a group setting to solve problems
- Ability to assess personal strengths and weaknesses to pursue training and development opportunities to improve self
- Strive to continually build personal knowledge and share expertise with others
- Ability to read, write, and effectively communicate simple information to others
- Demonstrate good time management skills including adherence to start time of work schedule
- Able to utilize the following computer applications: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and the internet
- Experience with microscope, micrometers, and calipers
- Ability to read blueprints and interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Frequently required to sit, use hands or fingers to handle, feel, reach, talk and hear
- Regular standing required
- Occasional walking, stooping, and/or kneeling required
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Able to work using a microscope for extended periods of time
- Occasional exposure to the following: moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and risk of radiation
- Ability to work with a moderate amount of noise
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluently in English
- High school diploma, GED, and six (6) months of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Medical Insurance; Dental Insurance; Vision insurance available upon hire to eligible employees
- Flexible Spending Account; Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employer Paid Life Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, and Long Term Disability
- Opportunity to enroll in optional supplemental insurance policies such as term life, critical illness, accident, death, and dismemberment, short term disability.
- Paid vacation with option to rollover vacation hours and sell hours back to company for payout at full rate.
- Paid sick time
- 10 paid company holidays.
- Discounts on a variety of products and services offered through our co-employer Insperity
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/AA/DFWP
NOT ACCEPTING CALLS REGARDING THIS OPPORTUNITY