LightPath Technologies is a recognized leader in optics and photonics solutions, serving blue chip customers in the industrial, defense, telecommunications, testing and measurement, and medical industries, for over 30 years. LightPath designs, manufactures, and distributes optical and infrared components including molded glass aspheric lenses and assemblies, infrared lenses and thermal imaging assemblies, fused fiber collimators, and proprietary Black Diamond™ (“BD6”) chalcogenide-based glass lenses. With multiple offices around the globe, this position is located in our Orlando office.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Purchasing Manager to be an integral part of the Company’s Operations team and to lead the purchasing team in support of achieving overall operational excellence. The Purchasing Manager will establish, implement and maintain Business Systems to be efficient and effective in meeting Company Goals and Objectives, and will oversee all procurement activities. The ideal candidate will have excellent leadership abilities and be able to negotiate the best possible deals with suppliers.
We offer a friendly and fun environment, with the opportunity to grow within the company, in addition to great pay and benefits. LightPath Technologies is conveniently located right off the 408 expressway in the vicinity of the University of Central Florida in Central Florida Research Park.
If this sounds like fun to you, you are seeking to be part of a diverse family that values integrity, respect, and appreciation, enjoy working in a collaborative, and solution-oriented environment, apply now!
Primary job functions are listed below but may change without notice
• Effectively lead Purchasing processes to ensure that the cross-functional team meets and exceeds the company and individual Goals and Objectives.
• Develop purchasing strategies, maintain positive relationships with suppliers, develop and implement best practice procedures for all procurement needs.
• Continue to develop and expand supplier relationships in support of the Company growth strategy. This includes evaluating performance (the ability to meet cost, quality and delivery requirements), negotiating appropriate and reasonable contractual terms and implementing long-term agreements when needed.
• Establish, Document, Implement & Maintain:
-New or existing ERP/MRP system(s)
-Supplier Management System to include Supplier Qualification & Approved Supplier
-Cost effective shop supplies inventory levels
-Maintain inventory and WIP levels sufficient to meet customer requirements
-Procedures for coordination of purchasing management with other functional areas, such as sales, finance, production and quality assurance
-ISO Compliant Business Systems to be efficient and effective
-Purchasing processes and practices
• Responsible for managing and optimizing purchasing activities and processes.
• Manage daily purchasing activities, supervising staff, and allocating tasks.
• Manage supplier relations and negotiating contracts, prices, timelines, etc.
• Maintain the supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation.
• Coordinate with inventory control to determine and manage inventory needs.
• Manage the maintenance of office/manufacturing equipment and machinery.
• Ensure that all procured items meet the required quality standards and specifications.
• Prepare cost estimates and managing budgets.
• Develop and implements cost saving measures; Contribute to profits and revenue; Conserve organizational resources.
• Work to improve purchasing systems and processes.
• Train new employees in the purchasing process and how to use the purchasing system.
• Responsible to implement, promote, review, and continually improve the effectiveness of the Quality Management System.
• Maintain adherence to Company policies, safety/ergonomic standards and good housekeeping practices.
• Support/embrace the Company Core Values and Growth Strategy.
• Day and overnight travel for purchasing and vendor visits.
• Assist in 5S and safety initiatives and support other lean manufacturing techniques.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills You Need:
• Experience as a purchasing manager or in a similar position.
• Deep knowledge of inventory and supply chain management.
• Supervisory and management experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities.
• Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, plan for additional resources, setting goals and objectives, organize/schedule other people and their tasks, and develop realistic action plans.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Proficiency with ERP system (VISUAL), Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the internet.
• Regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
• Frequently required to walk and taste or smell.
• Occasional standing, reaching with hands and arms, climbing or balancing and stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling.
• Must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Able to work with moderate amount of noise.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak fluently in English.
Preferred Previous Experience/Qualifications:
• Certification in Production & Inventory Control (CPIM)
Minimum Previous Experience/Qualifications:
• Be a “U.S. person” either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, refugee, person granted asylum, or permanent resident due to company ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) projects.
• BS/BA degree in business administration or related field. Or equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in purchasing, or related functions.
• Valid Florida driver’s license.
• Medical Insurance; Dental Insurance; Vision insurance available upon hire to eligible employees
• Flexible Spending Account; Health Savings Account
• 401(k) with Employer Match
• Confidential Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Employer Paid Life Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, and Long Term Disability
• Opportunity to enroll in optional supplemental insurance policies such as term life, critical illness, accident, death, and dismemberment, short term disability.
• Paid vacation with option to rollover vacation hours and sell hours back to company for payout at full rate.
• Paid sick time
• 10 paid company holidays.
• Discounts on a variety of products and services offered through our co-employer Insperity.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/AA/DFWP