LightPath Technologies is a recognized leader in optics and photonics solutions, serving blue chip customers in the industrial, defense, telecommunications, testing and measurement, and medical industries, for over 30 years. LightPath designs, manufactures, and distributes optical and infrared components including molded glass aspheric lenses and assemblies, infrared lenses and thermal imaging assemblies, fused fiber collimators, and proprietary Black Diamond™ (“BD6”) chalcogenide-based glass lenses. With multiple offices around the globe, this position is located in our Orlando office.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Process Engineer to develop manufacturing methods for the manufacturing of precision optics through the Glass Manufacturing, Diamond Turning/Diamond Grinding, Molding, Coating, Assembly, and Inspection processes. This hands-on role will have a significant impact on the quality and efficiency of manufacturing custom products.
We offer a friendly and fun environment, with the opportunity to grow within the company, in addition to great pay and benefits. LightPath Technologies is conveniently located right off the 408 expressway in the vicinity of the University of Central Florida in Central Florida Research Park.
If this sounds like fun to you, you are seeking to be part of a diverse family that values integrity, respect, and appreciation, enjoy working in a collaborative, and solution-oriented environment, apply now!
- Oversee and assess manufacturing steps, sequences, processes, and workflows
- Optimize productivity by designing, implementing, and testing new procedures
- Assist in quoting new products by reviewing customer requirements and determining the necessary operations required with estimated times and yields
- Load initial part numbers, process steps, estimated times, and yields in Infor Visual ERP system for new products
- Monitor manufacturing processes and record process times and yields
- Update Infor Visual ERP system with process times and yields recorded
- Participate in design review for new products and make recommendations for design for manufacturability
- Create work instructions for production processes in accordance with quality management system and provide training to production employees
- Define and track metrics for areas of improvement and monitor upgrades
- Assess compliance with applicable safety and quality standards
- Provide feedback on operator performance and make recommendations for placement within the plant
- Perform other duties as required
Preferred Previous Experience/Qualifications:
- Experience working in a fast-paced dynamic production/manufacturing environment
- Able to comfortably shift plans and priorities daily in a constantly changing environment
- Excellent analytical and math skills – Excel is a must
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to persuade others to change existing practices
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to identify, assess and solve problems
- Proven ability to resolve complex manufacturing process issues · Experience with ERP software in use for a manufacturing environment
- Team player; Able to receive general instructions and develop appropriate project plans and communicate
- Regularly required to sit, reach, feel with hands or fingers, talk and hear
- Occasional standing, walking, stooping, and/or kneeling required
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Able to work with a moderate level of noise
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluently in English
- Prior experience in high variability manufacturing environment
- Hands-on manufacturing experience within the photonics industry including ITAR experience
- Prior experience working in Visual ERP
- Medical Insurance; Dental Insurance; Vision insurance available upon hire to eligible employees
- Flexible Spending Account; Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employer Paid Life Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, and Long Term Disability
- Opportunity to enroll in optional supplemental insurance policies such as term life, critical illness, accident, death, and dismemberment, short term disability.
- Paid vacation with option to rollover vacation hours and sell hours back to company for payout at full rate.
- Paid sick time
- 10 paid company holidays.
- Discounts on a variety of products and services offered through our co-employer Insperity.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/AA/DFWP
NOT ACCEPTING CALLS REGARDING THIS OPPORTUNITY