LightPath Technologies is a recognized leader in optics and photonics solutions, serving blue chip customers in the industrial, defense, telecommunications, testing and measurement, and medical industries, for over 30 years. LightPath designs, manufactures, and distributes optical and infrared components including molded glass aspheric lenses and assemblies, infrared lenses and thermal imaging assemblies, fused fiber collimators, and proprietary Black Diamond™ (“BD6”) chalcogenide-based glass lenses. With multiple offices around the globe, this position is located in our Orlando office.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Precision Mold Manufacturing Supervisor to supervise and direct the production activities of the Precision Mold Manufacturing department. The Precision Mold Manufacturing department is comprised of the following manufacturing processes: nickel plating, diamond turning, diamond grinding, and mold coating.
We offer a friendly and fun environment, with the opportunity to grow within the company, in addition to great pay and benefits. LightPath Technologies is conveniently located right off the 408 expressway in the vicinity of the University of Central Florida in Central Florida Research Park.
If this sounds like fun to you, you are seeking to be part of a diverse family that values integrity, respect, and appreciation, enjoy working in a collaborative, and solution-oriented environment, apply now!
Primary job functions are listed below but may change without notice.
- Supervision of diamond turning/diamond grinding, mold coating, and plating employees includes interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems all in compliance with company policy and federal, state, local applicable law.
- Coordinate and cooperate with other departments, particularly Sales, Manufacturing, and Engineering to help facilitate communications and operations within the company.
- Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the production processes, setting process variables, studying process methods, and implementing cost reductions.
- Responsible for process yields, operational efficiency, lead time, and on-time delivery.
- Work with planning and scheduling in: developing complete production plans, assigning personnel; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems and reporting results of production processes.
- Work with Zhenjiang production team to resolve issues and meet delivery goals.
- Confers with UPM manager concerning Metrics and goals.
- Establishes goals for PMM team.
- Implement and maintain a training program for all facets of the department.
- Maintain and enforce a safe and clean work environment including 5S.
- Maintain and enforce compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Resolve personnel, equipment and process problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions and recommending action
- Estimate costs and prepare budgets.
- Implement and maintain standard operating procedures for production operations.
- Work with internal and external suppliers.
- Work with engineering and sales on RFQ’s and proposals.
- Ensure all outputs meet quality standards.
- Ensure and promote collaboration between relevant departments and upper management.
- Analysis of data relating to production metrics and costing.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills You Need:
- Must be able to research and collect data, interpret, analyze, and produce information using the data collected, applying prior knowledge and experience to interpretation.
- Design workflow and procedures.
- Generate creative and alternative solutions.
- Ability to identify issues and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Able to work independently as well as in a group such as for group problem solving situations.
- Ability to manage time wisely in order to meet deadlines.
- Strive for continuous improvement of knowledge and skills by continually assessing personal strengths and weaknesses including supervisory skills.
- Share expertise with others to further the organization.
- Develops, coordinates, communicates, and executes projects on time and within budget, individually and in management capacity.
- Promptly respond to customer requests and needs, in addition to handling difficult customer issues.
- Able to think critically and solve problems.
- Knowledge of planning, scheduling, and budgeting projects.
- Apply process management and improvement
- Strive for continuous improvement on an organizational level with regard to processes, procedures, final products, and customer service.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Prepare and support direct reports affected by change, by clear and prompt communication, monitoring result of change.
- Ability to effectively delegate work based upon volume and proper assessment of individual direct reports strengths and weaknesses.
- Provide autonomy once expectation set and provide recognition for results.
- Able to read, comprehend, and apply complex information.
- Foster encouragement to direct reports to strive for continuous improvement in all areas of the organization.
- Mentor supervisors to lead direct reports by example with continuous coaching.
- Available to all staff and take responsibility for their work.
- Knowledgeable of competitors, the market, and aligns work goals with strategic goals of organization.
- Ensures safety and security of all staff, visitors, contractors, and customers.
- Proficient at using Access, manufacturing software, ERP Systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and the internet.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to walk, stand, sit, use hands/fingers to handle and feel, reach with hands, arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision ability required by this job includes color vision and ability to focus.
- Occasional exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasional exposure to work near moving mechanical parts.
- Able to work with moderate amount of noise.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluently in English.
- B.A. or B.S. from a four (4) year college or university OR a minimum of ten (10) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of the two.
- Expertise in MIL specs, ITAR regulations, ISO, and ANSI specifications.
- Knowledge of Diamond turning production methods.
- Medical Insurance; Dental Insurance; Vision insurance available upon hire to eligible employees
- Flexible Spending Account; Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employer Paid Life Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, and Long Term Disability
- Opportunity to enroll in optional supplemental insurance policies such as term life, critical illness, accident, death, and dismemberment, short term disability.
- Paid vacation with option to rollover vacation hours and sell hours back to company for payout at full rate.
- Paid sick time
- 10 paid company holidays.
- Discounts on a variety of products and services offered through our co-employer Insperity.
- Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/AA/DFWP
NOT ACCEPTING CALLS REGARDING THIS OPPORTUNITY