LightPath Technologies is a recognized leader in optics and photonics solutions, serving blue chip customers in the industrial, defense, telecommunications, testing and measurement, and medical industries, for over 30 years. LightPath designs, manufactures, and distributes optical and infrared components including molded glass aspheric lenses and assemblies, infrared lenses and thermal imaging assemblies, fused fiber collimators, and proprietary Black DiamondTM (“BD6”) chalcogenide-based glass lenses. With multiple offices around the globe, this position is located in our Orlando office.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Precision Glass Molding Operator. This position will utilize molding equipment to manufacture various types of precision glass molded lenses. Measuring, testing, and cosmetic inspection will be performed on lenses
We offer a friendly and fun environment, with the opportunity to grow within the company, in addition to great pay and benefits. LightPath Technologies is conveniently located right off the 408 expressway in the vicinity of the University of Central Florida in Central Florida Research Park.
If this sounds like fun to you, you are seeking to be part of a diverse family that values integrity, respect, and appreciation, enjoy working in a collaborative, and solution-oriented environment, apply now!
- Follow detailed work instructions, process, and procedures
- Inspect and measure lenses as required
- Complete all necessary data forms daily or as required
- Perform necessary inventory transaction daily or as required
- Report problems with quality, processes equipment, and materials to PGM Lead or Production Supervisor
- Perform routine maintenance on molding stations
- Provide hands-on job function training to co-workers as needed
- Comply with policies, guidelines, and regulatory requirements per the LightPath Quality System
- Perform inventory counts as needed; daily, monthly or quarterly
- Follow the 5S program guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills You Need:
- Collect data and analyze data skillfully
- Identify and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Work well with others as a team and in a group setting to solve problems
- Ability to assess personal strengths and weaknesses to pursue training and development opportunities to improve self
- Strive to continually build personal knowledge and share expertise with others
- Ability to read, write, and effectively communicate simple information to others
- Demonstrate good time management skills including adherence to start time of work schedule
- Able to utilize the following computer applications: VISUAL ERP, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and the internet
- Experience with microscope, micrometers, and calipers
- Ability to read blueprints and interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Frequently required to stand, sit, use hands or fingers to handle, feel, reach, talk, and hear
- Occasionally required to walk, stoop, and/or kneel
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Able to work using a microscope for extended periods of time
- Occasional exposure to the following: moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and risk of radiation
- Ability to work with a moderate amount of noise
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluently in English
- Medical Insurance; Dental Insurance; Vision insurance available upon hire to eligible employees
- Flexible Spending Account; Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employer Paid Life Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, and Long Term Disability
- Opportunity to enroll in optional supplemental insurance policies such as term life, critical illness, accident, death, and dismemberment, short term disability.
- Paid vacation with option to rollover vacation hours and sell hours back to company for payout at full rate.
- Paid sick time
- 10 paid company holidays.
- Discounts on a variety of products and services offered through our co-employer Insperity.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/AA/DFWP
NOT ACCEPTING CALLS REGARDING THIS OPPORTUNITY