LightPath Technologies is a recognized leader in optics and photonics solutions, serving blue chip customers in the industrial, defense, telecommunications, testing and measurement, and medical industries, for over 35 years. LightPath designs, manufactures, and distributes optical and infrared components including molded glass aspheric lenses and assemblies, infrared lenses and thermal imaging assemblies, fused fiber collimators, and proprietary Black Diamond™ (“BD6”) chalcogenide-based glass lenses. With multiple offices around the globe, this position is located in our Orlando office.
We have an immediate opportunity for an analytical, detail-oriented, problem solver to be an integral part of our scheduling and production teams. Join our enthusiastic and collaborative group to work closely with our planning and production teams in the planning, scheduling, and production of precision optics. We offer a friendly and fun environment, with the opportunity to grow within the company, in addition to great pay and benefits. LightPath Technologies is conveniently located right off the 408 expressway in the vicinity of the University of Central Florida in Central Florida Research Park.
If this sounds like fun to you, you are seeking to be part of a diverse family that values integrity, respect, and appreciation, enjoy working in a collaborative, and solution-oriented environment, apply now!
Primary job functions are listed below but may change without notice.
- Schedule customer order requirements utilizing ERP system, by maintaining flow of material through the different levels of the supply chain
- Review inventory availability for Finished Good and components by the creation of work orders, purchase order including service orders that fulfill internal and external customer quality standard. ·
- Analyze capacity demand by using available data, to create production plans for the resources on site. Typically, recommendations would be made for types of manufacturing processes, production throughput, tools, fixtures, staffing. Etc. ·
- Plan, organizes, coordinates and controls the maintenance of work orders in order to balance supply and demand.
- Review the work order processes are aligned to capture correctly labor and material cost.
- Review periodically existing parameters set for fabricated and/or purchased material in the ERP system to maintain up to date manufacturing lead times, cycle times and yields to fulfill work order.
- Create and plan requisition orders for parts that have been established by the parameters set in the ERP. Scope of buying can be materials, tools, fixtures, etc.
- Submits Purchase Requisitions or Purchase Orders to the Purchasing Manager for Executive approval.
- Optimize coating runs by balancing cost, fixture capacity and quantity per demand.
- Maintains weekly coating schedules with intercompany and 3rd party requirements.
- Review and maintain customer order up to date of order fulfillment
- Analyzes and responds to Request For Lead Time (RFLT) inquiries.
- Review approved Returned Material Authorization (RMA) to schedule orders to fulfill RMA.
- Review regularly with department supervisors to determine process yields, process throughputs, staffing levels, tooling, and other requirements to maintain steady work flow procedures.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Prepares various reports and lists as required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills You Need:
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to calculate yields, input & output rates, Projected on Hand (POH), demand usage over time, customer usage rate.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Understand ERP parameters for material requirements, Minimum order quantity, safety stock analysis, reorder point, order policy.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles for continuous flow and principles of supply and demand.
- Ability to use tables and matrix data.
- Proficient at use of Microsoft Word, Excel (specifically at formula use), PowerPoint, Outlook, the internet, and material resource planning or enterprise resource planning specifically Infor Visual system.
- Regularly required to walk, sit, talk, or hear.
- Frequently required to stand, use hands and fingers to grasp, handle, and feel.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms to extend arms at shoulder level and extend arms above shoulder level.
- Must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Able to work with moderate amount of noise.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluently in English.
- B.S. degree and a minimum of two (2) years of planner experience for a manufacturing shop floor environment.
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills Preferred:
- Experience or knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- APICS CPIM Certification.
- ERP knowledge.
- Medical Insurance; Dental Insurance; Vision insurance available upon hire to eligible employees
- Flexible Spending Account; Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employer Paid Life Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, and Long Term Disability
- Opportunity to enroll in optional supplemental insurance policies such as term life, critical illness, accident, death, and dismemberment, short term disability.
- Paid vacation with option to rollover vacation hours and sell hours back to company for payout at full rate.
- Paid sick time
- 10 paid company holidays.
- Discounts on a variety of products and services offered through our co-employer Insperity.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/AA/DFWP
NOT ACCEPTING CALLS FOR THIS POSITION