LightPath Technologies is a recognized leader in optics and photonics solutions, serving blue chip customers in the industrial, defense, telecommunications, testing and measurement, and medical industries, for over 35 years. LightPath designs, manufactures, and distributes optical and infrared components including molded glass aspheric lenses and assemblies, infrared lenses and thermal imaging assemblies, fused fiber collimators, and proprietary Black Diamond™ (“BD6”) chalcogenide-based glass lenses. With multiple offices around the globe, this position is located in our Orlando office.
Do you enjoy solving puzzles? Do people that know you refer to you as a “problem solver”? Please read on to learn more about this opportunity.
We have immediate opportunities for highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starters to assist in our Ultra Precision Manufacturing department on the second and third shifts. These are entry-level positions to learn the skills of diamond grinding and diamond turning. This role is responsible for the setup and operation of precision grinding and turning machines to produce aspheric, spherical, and diffractive molds to be used in the production of lenses.
Join our enthusiastic and collaborative team to work with high tech, high-precision machines to create precision optics. We offer a friendly and fun environment, with the opportunity to grow within the company, in addition to great pay and benefits. LightPath Technologies is conveniently located right off the 408 expressway in the vicinity of the University of Central Florida in Central Florida Research Park.
If this sounds like fun to you, you are seeking to be part of a diverse family that values integrity, respect, and appreciation, enjoy working in a collaborative, and solution-oriented environment, apply now!
Primary job functions are listed below but may change without notice.
- Safely machine parts using CNC diamond turning equipment
- Polish mold faces and cavities while maintaining specifications
- Perform quality checks on own work.
- Work independently managing time to keep up with production demands
- Cross-train in hard coating and nickel-plating processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills You Need:
- Basic machinist skills
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Able to manage time wisely in order to meet deadlines
- Possess analytical skills to collect and assess data
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Able to assess and solve problems individually and within a group
- Independent and self-motivated
- Awareness of personal strengths and limitations.
- Strive for continuous improvement as an individual as well as at a group level
- Proficient at using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet.
- Able to solve basic math problems
- Ability to maintain precision tolerances consistently
- Positive attitude, including the ability to quickly adapt to changes in production requirements
- Regularly required to sit and talk or hear
- Frequently required to walk
- Occasional standing, reaching with hands and arms, climbing or balancing and stooping
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Able to work with moderate amount of noise
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluently in English
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Medical Insurance; Dental Insurance; Vision insurance available upon hire to eligible employees
- Flexible Spending Account; Health Savings Account
- 401 (k) with Employer Match
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employer Paid Life Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, and Long Term Disability
- Opportunity to enroll in optional supplemental insurance policies such as term life, critical illness, accident, death, and dismemberment, short term disability
- Paid vacation with option to rollover vacation hours and sell hours back to company for payout at full rate.
- Paid sick time
- 10 paid company holidays
- Discounts on a variety of products and services offered through our co-employer Insperity
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/AA/DFWP