LightPath Technologies is a recognized leader in optics and photonics solutions, serving blue chip customers in the industrial, defense, telecommunications, testing and measurement, and medical industries, for over 30 years. LightPath designs, manufactures, and distributes optical and infrared components including molded glass aspheric lenses and assemblies, infrared lenses and thermal imaging assemblies, fused fiber collimators, and proprietary Black Diamond™ (“BD6”) chalcogenide-based glass lenses. With multiple offices around the globe, this position is located in our Orlando office.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Marketing Intern to provide the design/layout for digital and traditional marketing efforts used to promote the LightPath brand and its Product & Service offerings to customers and/or partners. The Marketing Intern will help gather metrics on digital marketing efforts inclusive of Web optimization (SEO/PPC), Google Analytics, campaign performance as well as social media & email marketing.
Primary job functions are listed below but may change without notice.
- Design, layout and produce LPTH branded print & digital materials, technical (data sheets) sales support/promotional collateral as well as corporate and training presentations & tools.
- Create and disseminate, as directed, email blasts and campaigns promoting offerings, including design and layout (within the context of corporate-approved templates), WordPress website updates/pages, and delivery to target audiences.
- Research and implement SEO and other website promotion strategies. Perform timely updates to all online content, including the website and related social networking sites.
- Track and report on website traffic using Google Analytics. Gather key online marketing metrics to track success.
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including but not limited to Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Create exciting graphics and videos to post alongside insightful content on our various social media channels.
- Assist in the creation of digital advertisements. Develop social media advertising, running paid promotions, analyzing success rates, and making updates to increase successes.
- Conduct social media audits regularly to ensure the best practices are being used.
- Monitor and measure the growth of followers count across digital channels.
- Assist in making timely updates to all digital/online content, including website(s) & related sites.
- Participate in efforts to improve quality of website(s) and other electronic publications.
- Maintain, organize, and update data in Salesforce, CRM.
- As needed, work with internal teams to gather additional content.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a library of corporate and product images that can be accessed and used, globally. Monitor & maintain an inventory of collateral.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently in a self-driven environment, managing many projects simultaneously and taking the initiative to keep projects on track with stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills Required:
- Fast learner, Outgoing personality, professional demeanor with excellent work ethic
- Skilled in graphic design/layout
- Familiarity with WordPress or other web platforms to assist in web page updates as needed
- Hands-on experience with the following software:
- Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Google Data Studio/Analytics/AdWords
- Experience with placing and monitoring social media advertising (LinkedIn, Twitter & Facebook)
- A good understanding of SEO/PPC and other online advertising
- Familiarity with Sprout Social or similar social media management tools
- Self-motivated & organized with the ability to align priorities in accordance with business goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player who enjoys working with different disciplines.
- Salesforce or experience with video or photography a plus
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit
- Ability to complete tasks at times with minimal supervision
- Maintain records, documents and files of work and revisions
- Regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to walk.
- Occasional standing, reaching with hands and arms, climbing, or balancing and stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling required.
- Must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Able to work with a moderate level of noise
- Adhere to company’s mission, core values at all times
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluently in English
Minimum Previous Experience/Qualifications:
- Be a “U.S. person” either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, refugee, person granted asylum, or permanent resident due to company ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) projects.
- Active student, pursuing a BS or MS in Graphics or Marketing at an accredited institution.