LightPath Technologies is a recognized leader in optics and photonics solutions, serving blue chip customers in the industrial, defense, telecommunications, testing and measurement, and medical industries, for over 30 years. LightPath designs, manufactures, and distributes optical and infrared components including molded glass aspheric lenses and assemblies, infrared lenses and thermal imaging assemblies, fused fiber collimators, and proprietary Black Diamond™ (“BD6”) chalcogenide-based glass lenses. With multiple offices around the globe, this position is located in our Orlando office.
This position primarily manages inventory through a database, assists in overseeing and maintaining a supply of products and equipment. This involves keeping track of all products and supplies, ensuring that stock is organized, and assisting in the unloading and processing of deliveries.
We offer a friendly and fun environment, with the opportunity to grow within the company, in addition to great pay and benefits. LightPath Technologies is conveniently located right off the 408 expressway in the vicinity of the University of Central Florida in Central Florida Research Park.
If this sounds like fun to you, you are seeking to be part of a diverse family that values integrity, respect, and appreciation, enjoy working in a collaborative, and solution-oriented environment, apply now!
Primary job functions are listed below but may change without notice.
- Enter data for quantities of parts issued and transferred between locations, inventory and cycle count adjustments, into computer database
- Receive and issue finished goods into computer database
- Receive material and store it accurately using FIFO procedures
- Monitor shipments through Customs process
- Report any stock issues to management and place product orders as necessary
- Troubleshoot quantity discrepancies with manufacturing and inspection personnel
- Participate in daily cycle count audit
- Rectify discrepancies after daily cycle count.
- Work closely with Accounting regarding PO’s
- Generate daily pick list report
- Perform stock Put-Away
- Prepare and participate in quarterly physical inventory
- Perform other duties as assigned
Special Authority: (may include but not limited to)
- Stop any nonconforming process(es) which may affect poor quality or customer satisfaction
- May provide direction and instruction for any employees that may not directly report to this position
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills Required:
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Must have strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess excellent time management skills
- Self-motivated and positive attitude, professional demeanor, and excellent work ethic
- Able to solve basic math problems
- Proficient at using a computer and the following computer programs: ERP (Visual), Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, internet
- Frequently required to walk, talk, hear, reach, and use hands/fingers to feel or handle
- Occasional standing, climbing, balancing, stooping, or kneeling is required
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Able to work with a moderate amount of noise
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluently in English
Minimum Previous Experience/Qualifications:
- Be a “U.S. person” either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, refugee, person granted asylum, or permanent resident due to company ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) projects
- High school diploma or GED
- Two (2) years or more of inventory control experience