LightPath Technologies is a recognized leader in optics and photonics solutions, serving blue chip customers in the industrial, defense, telecommunications, testing and measurement, and medical industries, for over 35 years. LightPath designs, manufactures, and distributes optical and infrared components including molded glass aspheric lenses and assemblies, infrared lenses and thermal imaging assemblies, fused fiber collimators, and proprietary Black Diamond™ (“BD6”) chalcogenide-based glass lenses. With multiple offices around the globe, this position is located in our Orlando office.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Director of IT Operations to maintain the integrity, reliability, and performance of existing IT systems and develop, plan, and implement the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. Determines scope of the project deadlines, assigns responsibilities and monitors progress for the ERP system. As well as, develop new designs to support the future growth of the company, responsible for the configuration, operation, and administration of hardware, software, operating systems, and communication links.
We offer a friendly and fun environment, with the opportunity to grow within the company, in addition to great pay and benefits. LightPath Technologies is conveniently located right off the 408 expressway in the vicinity of the University of Central Florida in Central Florida Research Park.
If this sounds like fun to you, you are seeking to be part of a diverse family that values integrity, respect, and appreciation, enjoy working in a collaborative, and solution-oriented environment, apply now!
Primary IT job functions are listed below but may change without notice.
• Review and approve new and recurring IT related costs and budgets, reducing where possible
• Review the performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements and redesign as needed to improve company efficiency
• Assist users to achieve optimum performance by providing needs analysis, procurement support, installation, and problem resolution for IT
• Recommend appropriate computer tools to users, including equipment software, documentation, and training
• Request quotes and generate purchase order paperwork for IT equipment
• Define, procure, and implement software/hardware solutions to a continually growing workforce
• Create technology policies and guidelines for company standards
• Schedule company-wide maintenance windows and direct IT service provider to complete needed tasks
• Escalation contact for 3rd party IT service provider above site IT Management on support tickets, hardware performance, remote and onsite service quality, backups, roadmap planning, recurring issues, and special projects
• Periodic travel between facilities for annual review and support
Primary ERP Management functions are listed below but may change without notice.
• Manage Visual Manufacturing ERP Solutions user security permissions, workflows, procedures, enhancements, and other related items for all corporate facilities
• Design, create, and support custom ERP SQL reports, macros, workflows, triggers, stored procedures, APIs, or other custom integrations
• Communicate & troubleshoot directly with consultants and software developers for any software or hardware installations, upgrades, support, or training
• Troubleshoot with software developers directly for any software incidents or defects
• Ready organization for IT security audits by pursuing state-of-the-art technology, best practices, and local and international compliance
• Maintain up-to-date expertise in the operation and application of ERP systems, custom written software and reports, IT structure and security features, and a working knowledge of a variety of commonly used hardware and software
Other related duties as assigned
Technical Skills: (may include but not limited to)
· ERP integration of multiple sites
· Part ID naming convention changes
· ETL – Extract, Transform, Load
· Custom Macros – Automation, User-Friendliness, Error catching
· Custom Workflows – Process Control
· User Permission Administration
· Understanding of Work Order Routing & BOM
· Custom report design using Gupta Report builder
· Advanced SQL knowledge – Reporting, Triggers, Stored Procedures, Views, etc.
· SSMS – SQL Server Management Studio
· SSRS – SQL Server Reporting Services
· O365 – Excel VBA, Data Connections
· PowerBI – Reporting through SQL Server
· Citrix Xenapp Cloud Environment
· Hardware/Software Infrastructure Refreshes
· Roadmap Planning
· Project scope technical write-up and review / approval
· Building Design/Construction
· Acquisition onboarding
· Government compliance – NIST, DFARS, CMMC, ITAR
· General Compliance – GDPR, Privacy policies, CCPA, ISO, PCI, SOX
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills You Need:
• Design – Generate creative solutions; translate concepts and information into images; use feedback to modify designs; apply design principles; demonstrate attention to detail
• Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; use reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Teamwork – Balance team and individual responsibilities; exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to building a positive team spirit; put success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; support everyone’s efforts to succeed
• Dependability – Follow instructions, respond to management direction; take responsibility for own actions; keep commitments; commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; complete tasks on time or notify appropriate person with an alternate plan
• Working knowledge of and direct experience with IT hardware, software, design, and troubleshooting
• Advanced system administrator and backend knowledge of Visual Manufacturing ERP Solutions
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Working knowledge and understanding of the basic principles, theories, concepts, and practices in the applicable area of engineering/technical specialization
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
• Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Proficient at use of the following: Visual Basic, SQL, Lab Windows, LabView, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the internet
• Must be able to read, write, and speak fluently in English
• B.S. in Computer Engineering, related field, or equivalent
• Four (4) to six (6) years of related experience or equivalent
• Must have ERP experience in a production, manufacturing, or materials management environment
• Medical Insurance; Dental Insurance; Vision insurance available upon hire to eligible employees
• Flexible Spending Account; Health Savings Account
• 401(k) with Employer Match
• Confidential Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Employer Paid Life Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, and Long Term Disability
• Opportunity to enroll in optional supplemental insurance policies such as term life, critical illness, accident, death, and dismemberment, short term disability.
• Paid vacation with option to rollover vacation hours and sell hours back to company for payout at full rate.
• Paid sick time
• 10 paid company holidays.
• Discounts on a variety of products and services offered through our co-employer Insperity.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/AA/DFWP
NOT ACCEPTING CALLS REGARDING THIS OPPORTUNITY