LightPath Technologies is a recognized leader in optics and photonics solutions, serving blue chip customers in the industrial, defense, telecommunications, testing and measurement, and medical industries, for over 35 years. LightPath designs, manufactures, and distributes optical and infrared components including molded glass aspheric lenses and assemblies, infrared lenses and thermal imaging assemblies, fused fiber collimators, and proprietary Black Diamond™ (“BD6”) chalcogenide-based glass lenses. With multiple offices around the globe, this position is located in our Orlando office.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Director of Corporate Human Resources to develop, direct, and oversee the execution of the global human resources strategy in alignment with global organizational goals. This role will partner with the executive team to determine strategic company initiatives that support the vision, value statement, and core values of the company.
We offer a friendly and fun environment, with the opportunity to grow within the company, in addition to great pay and benefits. LightPath Technologies is conveniently located right off the 408 expressway in the vicinity of the University of Central Florida in Central Florida Research Park.
If this sounds like fun to you, you are seeking to be part of a diverse family that values integrity, respect, and appreciation, enjoy working in a collaborative, and solution-oriented environment, apply now!
Primary job functions are listed below but may change without notice.
• Direct the development and administration of company-wide human resources policies and practices in accordance with stated corporate objectives and country, federal, state, and/or local legal requirements
• Collaborate with global HR teams to develop recruitment and retention strategies and processes that support the individual location needs including succession planning
• Direct the development and coordination of training programs that support the needs of the organization and offer personal and career development for employees
• Oversee global annual performance appraisal processes
• Partner with other departments and global human resources team to drive projects to fulfill global team initiatives
• Annually review and evaluate global compensation (cash and non-cash), benefits, rewards, and employee recognition offerings
• Monitor global employee engagement including reviewing and analyzing employee retention data regularly
• Work closely with the executive team on the vision and strategic business objectives
• Participate in global annual budget process and determines annual budget for human resources
• Review and analyze legislation to assess industry trends and standards
• Advise and coach senior leadership on handling global employee relations
• Oversee management of controversial and sensitive global employee issues and policy administration
• Ensure affirmative action plan is completed and reviewed annually and affirmative action program is maintained
• Review and confirm submission of all government HR and/or payroll related filings
• Hire, train, supervise, motivate, and develop human resources staff, managing workflow and staying abreast of overall activities of the team
• Oversee global payroll processing and reporting procedures
• Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills You Need:
• Interpersonal Skills – Focus on solving conflict, not blaming; maintain confidentiality; listen to others without interrupting; keep emotions under control; remain open to others’ ideas and try new things
• Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; take responsibility for subordinates’ activities; makes self available to staff; provide regular performance feedback; develop subordinates’ skills and encourage growth; solicit and apply customer feedback (internal and external); foster quality focus in others; improve processes, products, and services.; continually work to improve supervisory skills
• Diversity – Demonstrate knowledge of EEO policy; show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educate others on the value of diversity; promote a harassment-free environment; build a diverse workforce
• Ethics – Treat people with respect; keep commitments; inspire the trust of others; work ethically and with integrity; uphold organizational values
• Judgment – Display willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment; support and explain reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision-making process; make timely decisions
• Thorough understanding of human resources principles and practices, including employment law, Affirmative Action, and EEO compliance
• Proven leadership and business acumen skills
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions · Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Basic competence in duties and tasks of supervised employees
• Ability to work with all levels of the organization and Company board of directors
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Proficient at use of the following computer programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the internet
• Frequently required to sit, talk, and hear
• Regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and use fingers to touch and feel
• Occasionally required to balance and stoop or kneel
• Able to work on a computer for multiple hours continuously
• Must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds
• No specific vision abilities are required for this position
• Ability to work with moderate noise level
• Must be able to read, write, and speak fluently in English
• B.S. in Human Resources or equivalent
• Six (6) to eight (8) years of related experience or equivalent
Preferred Previous Experience/Qualifications:
• Eight (8) to ten (10) years of global human resources leadership experience
• Active SHRM-CP (Society for Human Resource Management-Certified Professional) certification, SHRM-SCP (Society for Human Resource Management-Certified Professional) certification, or equivalent
• Medical Insurance; Dental Insurance; Vision insurance available upon hire to eligible employees
• Flexible Spending Account; Health Savings Account
• 401(k) with Employer Match
• Confidential Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Employer Paid Life Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, and Long Term Disability
• Opportunity to enroll in optional supplemental insurance policies such as term life, critical illness, accident, death, and dismemberment, short term disability.
• Paid vacation with option to rollover vacation hours and sell hours back to company for payout at full rate.
• Paid sick time
• 10 paid company holidays.
• Discounts on a variety of products and services offered through our co-employer Insperity.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/AA/DFWP
NOT ACCEPTING CALLS REGARDING THIS OPPORTUNITY