LightPath Technologies is a recognized leader in optics and photonics solutions, serving blue chip customers in the industrial, defense, telecommunications, testing and measurement, and medical industries, for over 30 years. LightPath designs, manufactures, and distributes optical and infrared components including molded glass aspheric lenses and assemblies, infrared lenses and thermal imaging assemblies, fused fiber collimators, and proprietary Black Diamond™ (“BD6”) chalcogenide-based glass lenses. With multiple offices around the globe, this position is located in our Orlando office.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Diamond Turning Technician to be responsible for the setup and operation of diamond turning machines to produce aspheric, spherical, and diffractive lenses.
We offer a friendly and fun environment, with the opportunity to grow within the company, in addition to great pay and benefits. LightPath Technologies is conveniently located right off the 408 expressway in the vicinity of the University of Central Florida in Central Florida Research Park.
If this sounds like fun to you, you are seeking to be part of a diverse family that values integrity, respect, and appreciation, enjoy working in a collaborative, and solution-oriented environment, apply now!
- Safely machine parts using CNC diamond turning equipment
- Perform quality checks on own work
- Work independently managing time to keep up with production demands
- Cross train in optics truncation
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills You Need:·
- Basic machinist skills
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Able to manage time wisely in order to meet deadlines
- Possess analytical skills to collect and assess data
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Able to assess and solve problems individually and within a group
- Independent and self-motivated
- Awareness of personal strengths and limitation
- Strive for continuous improvement as an individual as well as at a group level
- Proficient at using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet
- Able to solve basic math problems
- Ability to hold extremely tight tolerances
- Positive attitude, including the ability to quickly adapt to changes in production requirements
- Regularly required to sit and talk or hear
- Frequently required to walk
- Occasional standing, reaching, climbing or balancing and stooping · Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Able to work with moderate amount of noise
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluently in English
- Medical Insurance; Dental Insurance; Vision insurance available upon hire to eligible employees
- Flexible Spending Account; Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employer Paid Life Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, and Long Term Disability
- Opportunity to enroll in optional supplemental insurance policies such as term life, critical illness, accident, death, and dismemberment, short term disability.
- Paid vacation with option to rollover vacation hours and sell hours back to company for payout at full rate.
- Paid sick time
- 10 paid company holidays.
- Discounts on a variety of products and services offered through our co-employer Insperity.
Click here to apply https://www.lightpath.com/job-submission/
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/AA/DFWP
NOT ACCEPTING CALLS REGARDING THIS OPPORTUNITY
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place