LightPath Technologies is a recognized leader in optics and photonics solutions, serving blue chip customers in the industrial, defense, telecommunications, testing and measurement, and medical industries, for over 30 years. LightPath designs, manufactures, and distributes optical and infrared components including molded glass aspheric lenses and assemblies, infrared lenses and thermal imaging assemblies, fused fiber collimators, and proprietary Black Diamond™ (“BD6”) chalcogenide-based glass lenses. With multiple offices around the globe, this position is located in our Orlando office.
The Accounting Intern will support the accounting department by performing administrative and accounting tasks. The intern will be exposed to corporate accounting for the headquarters of a multi-national, publicly traded company. Business hours are generally 8:30am to 5pm, but work hours for this position can be tailored around class schedules.
We offer a friendly and fun environment, with the opportunity to grow within the company, in addition to great pay and benefits. LightPath Technologies is conveniently located right off the 408 expressway in the vicinity of the University of Central Florida in Central Florida Research Park.
If this sounds like fun to you, you are seeking to be part of a diverse family that values integrity, respect, and appreciation, enjoy working in a collaborative, and solution-oriented environment, apply now!
Primary job functions are listed below but may change without notice.
- Assist with vendor invoice processing using the 3-way match to enter purchase order vouchers in ERP system; identify discrepancies and escalate as appropriate.
- Assist with coding of non-purchase order invoices and entering vouchers in ERP system.
- Assist with receivable invoice processing and distribution of invoices.
- Maintain AP open and paid files.
- Scan and file accounts payable and receivable documentation.
- Maintain resale certificates files, and W-9 files.
- Assist with tracking and reporting on fixed assets projects, including scanning and filing of documentation data entry into the Fixed Assets System.
- Support external audits by pulling requested documentation.
- Prepare account reconciliations and prepare reports and analysis, as needed.
Knowledge, Abilities & Skills Required:
- Able to work independently with little to no supervision
- Must possess a high attention to detail
- Able to multi-task
- Self-motivated individual with a positive attitude, professional demeanor, and excellent work ethic
- Possess strong analytical skills and proficient at mathematics
- Proficient at using a computer and the following computer programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, the internet, and accounting software.
- Frequently required to sit, talk, hear, reach, and use hands/fingers to feel or handle
- Occasional standing, walking, balancing, stooping, and/or kneeling
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Able to work with a moderate amount of noise
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluently in English
Minimum Previous Experience/Qualifications:
- Be a “U.S. person” either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, refugee, person granted asylum, or permanent resident due to company ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) projects
- Active student, pursuing a BS or MS in Accounting at an accredited institution.